Key West is a dog friendly kind of town. People are always out and about walking their dogs, taking them to the enormous dog park at Higg’s Beach or the dog beach. Yes, that is correct. Canines have their own beach in Key West. No, they do not get their own concession stand selling ice cream. (That gives me an idea…)
In typical Key West fashion, there are many restaurants that allow dogs to sit outside with their humans. There are many reasons why Babka loves Key West, but the great restaurants top the list. Wait, maybe that is why I love it. Either way, she has enjoyed many of the island’s finer restaurants.
This is far from a comprehensive list. It is places that we have been, with Babka. I know there are others she should try, so feel free to
comment below and let me know.
Some of the dog friendly places in Key West include:
- Salute on the Beach (they have many, many water bowls and exclusively outdoor seating)
- The Flaming Buoy Filet Co.
- Azur (Babka typically gets water before I do, and I think that is a good thing)
- Mangia Mangia (a great outdoor patio)
- Smokin’ Tuna Saloon (I have not eaten here, but have gone for drinks and Babka really enjoyed it)
- Schooner Wharf Bar
Outside of Key West proper:
- Hogfish Bar and Grill on Stock Island
- Geiger Key Marina and Smokehouse on Big Coppitt
Where has your pup been welcomed with a filled water bowl and possibly some treats?
I Babka would love to hear about them.