Summer in Key West means several things. First of all, you will sweat. A lot. Second of all, there are deals to be had. Some exclusively for locals, and some for locals and visitors alike. Here are a few of the best, in no particular order.
1. Azur. One of the best restaurants on the island has $6 lunch specials. No, the entire menu is not $6, but there are several choices, and they change. Oh, and they are always delicious. But get there soon, as they close for their annual vacation after August 31.
2. The Flaming Buoy. Half priced bottles of wine with the purchase of an entree. Need I say more? Lobster mac and cheese, fresh grouper and hogfish, salads, quesadillas and more. Just go.
3. Cafe Marquesa. Two courses for $26 is a steal. There are three or four appetizer choices, and entree choices. You cant go wrong here.
4. Turtle Kraals has half off lunch for locals. Sorry, you need a local ID for this one, but it lasts the entire month of August.
5. Antonia’s, recently under new ownership, is offering $10 pasta specials for lunch and dinner, Monday through Friday.
6. Two Cents has half off bottles of wine on Sunday nights.
7. Prime Steakhouse has 50% off appetizers and 25% off bottles of wine for locals. Will this be the year I try Prime? Having never been, now might be the time. We will see.
In other news, Santiago’s Bodega is closed for the next two weeks for renovations. You’ll have to wait until September to get your fix (but by then, they’ll have a local’s deal, too.)
Did I miss a good deal here? Let me know in the comments section below.