It is September, it is hot as hell and Floridians are in a constant state of watching the weather off the coast of Africa, to see if any hurricanes are developing. Meanwhile, Key West restaurants are ponying up the deals and incentivizing locals and visitors alike with bargains galore. I’ve made a list. You are welcome.
- Azur. Wait. What? I know. They are usually closed the month of September, but their extra work pays off for us with 50% off all food and 25% off select wines. Go, it is awesome.
- The Flaming Buoy. Half off bottles of wine (all of them!) with the purchase of an entree. How easy is that? Through October.
- Grand Cafe. Half off food and drinks for lunch or dinner. Locals only.
- Santiago’s Bodega. Half off cold and hot tapas. Does not apply to salads, soups or desserts. Only Monday through Wednesday. Unreasonably complicated, but still a good deal. Locals only.
- 2 Cents. Half off food at dinner and 25% off lunch. Locals only.
- Hot Tin Roof. Half of lunch. Get the fish tacos, and a delicious cocktail. The spa at Ocean Key is also offering 35% off treatments for locals.
- Onlywood. $10 pastas on Monday and Thursday. Half off bottles of wine Tuesday and Wednesday, and they have some good selections.
- Square One. 25% off food and a few bottles of wine for $20. Locals only.
- Spencer’s. $24.95 entrees before 7:30 PM. Good deal considering some are regularly over $40.
- Banana Cafe. 30% off food from 6 – 8 PM. Locals only.
- Salute. $18 for appetizer and entree.
- Island House has some 25% off food, but you know, men only.
- Cafe Sole. 50% off food. Some things may be excluded (whatever that means). Even at half off, I am not enticed.
This is not the time to stay in, folks. Get out there and eat, drink and be merry, all at a discount. My friend Steve announced the other day (as we were at Santiago’s enjoying half price tapas) that he would not be dining at home for the rest of the month. Join him. I know I will.