“But I can book online myself!” If I had a dollar for every time I heard that one… So in the age of instant gratification bookings (and sometimes immediate buyers remorse), information overload, and easy access, why should you use a travel agent? All those reasons and more.
Top 7 Reasons to Start Using a Travel Agent Today
- I know more than you. I am not pompous; It is my job to learn as much as I can about destinations, cruise lines, tour operators, and more. I am certified by CLIA as a Master Cruise Counselor and have achieved certifications with companies such as Uniworld, Seabourn, Princess, NCL, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, Carnival, Marriott, and others. I’ve been to 42 states and 24 countries (and planning on adding several more in 2017). I’ve been doing this for a long time, and I am not only very good at my job, but I love it.
- Relationships with vendors. When you have a problem, you call a toll-free number, and you may or may not get the help that you need. I reach out to my personal contacts to solve issues for my clients in an efficient and effective way. I save my clients a whole lot of time and headache in the process.
- We fix problems. What happens when your flight is canceled? Or you are re-routed? Or have an issue on a cruise ship or at a hotel? I fix the problem for you, so you don’t have to waste precious vacation time worrying about them. We always act as your advocate. Always.
- You save money. This one baffles a lot of people. Those Travelzoo “deals”? I can usually get better ones that are tailored to your needs, and not a generic one-size-fits-all package. It is true. You never pay more using a good travel agent, yet often get some extras (think a free shore excursion, a gift waiting for you on arrival or an upgrade).
- You save time. We do the work and handle all the details. You save time. Plus, you’ll probably save some money, too (see above). What if there is a particular place you’d like to stay? No problem! Just let us know and we’ll get you the best rates. Or, we can recommend alternatives based on your likes and dislikes.
- We work for you. If you call a cruise line directly, they will sell you a cabin, but what if there is something better that fits your needs? How will you know? We ask a lot of questions to determine the best fit for you. What works for you may not work for others. That is why we have so many choices. Travel is not a one-size-fits-all game.
- It’s a long-term relationship. The longer I work with you, the more I get to know about your likes and dislikes. I learn what is important to you and can tailor vacations accordingly. I suggest things that may not have occurred to you and can arrange exciting private sightseeing tours, cooking classes and shows. Just try getting that kind of service from a search engine!
Bottom line: Don’t go at it alone, when I am here to help. Give me a call and let’s start planning your next adventure.