Over the past several months, we have dealt with all sorts of situations for clients: trips canceled, vacations rescheduled, vow renewals put on hold, insurance claims filed, and more. With that comes a range of emotions including anger, frustration, disappointment, fear, acceptance, and everything in between.
Everyone is coping with the coronavirus situation differently. Many of my clients are already planning for 2021, for trips that we rescheduled from this year, or something completely new. We are not alone. This is happening across the travel industry. One of the interesting things we are finding is this: hotels, tours, and cruises for 2021 are already starting to get booked up.
I’m not saying that Every Single Property is full for the entire year, but we are seeing many hotels, tours, and cruises already booked, both for times you would expect, like holidays, and even low season.
What does that mean for you? Glad you asked!
It simply means this: plan now. Many of our clients are absolutely over being home, and while they realize they are not traveling too far now, they are ready to plan big for 2021. There will be no FOMO for them, as their trips are locked in. (What is FOMO? Fear of Missing Out. It is the anxious feeling you get when other people are having a good time without you.)
“But when can I go to…?”
Another great question! The Caribbean and Mexico are starting to open to travel in June and July, so if you need a quick escape before the kids head back to school (whatever that will look like), we can do that. Most of the gorgeous resorts have plans in place for extra sanitizing, social distancing, and more, all while enjoying a fun and relaxing vacation.
And the rest of the world? Iceland plans to open in June, Spain is starting to open in July, and the rest of Europe will likely follow. We expect you to be able to travel just about everywhere in 2021. We also expect air travel to be a bit more complicated as airlines cut schedules and change routes. Bottom line: Plan now for the best availability for next year.
If you are looking for some inspiration, here are a few of the vacations we are currently working on for 2021:
- Greece – Athens, Santorini, and Mykonos for a milestone birthday. (May include a private sunset sail, tours with a history buff, and plenty of time to soak up the sun.)
- Japan – A family trip including sushi making, hiking, time spent in cities, food tours, and drum lessons, just to name a few of their wonderful experiences.
- New Zealand – North Island, South Island – heli-hiking, guided tours, trains, boats and beyond.
- Tahiti – Picture yourself looking out onto beautiful, crystal blue waters. Then imagine being able to jump in and take a swim directly from your overwater bungalow.
- Transatlantic cruise – I will escort a group on the Seabourn Quest, April 25, 2021. These 15 glorious days, as we slowly make our way from Miami to Rotterdam are the ultimate in relaxation and pampering. Do you want to join us?
Wherever you are looking to go, our team can get you there. We are more than happy to set up a call or a zoom with you to discuss your next great, safe adventure.