Recently I did not feel like a big dinner (I know – it shocked me, too), so I thought happy hour would do the trick. We went out to the best happy hour in Key West, Alonzo’s Oyster Bar. From 4-6:30 every day all drinks and appetizers are half off. For about $60, including a hefty tip, we each had three drinks and shared three appetizers. It was delightful.
Somehow I decided I was still hungry, so we continued our happy hour at Solo Bistro with some additional food and wine. But it got me thinking about happy hour. I love it, and there are some excellent places to achieve inexpensive food and drink in the early evening. Some of my favorites are:
- Alonzo’s (half price all drinks and appetizers)
- The Boathouse at the Commodore Restaurant (appetizers are half off, and there are many drink specials, too)
- Kelly’s ($4 chicken wings and $2 beers)
- Half Shell Raw Bar (2 for 1 drinks and food specials)
- Schooner Wharf has three happy hours daily (one from 7AM – 12 Noon, 5-7 PM and the other from 2-4 AM)
I am usually more interested in the happy hours that also have the possibility of food, as all of the above places do. Where are your favorites in Key West? Or your favorites elsewhere (what makes them so good)? I’d love to hear about them, so leave a comment below.