In case you missed last week’s announcement, here it is again. with highlights. There is nothing better than free, right? Well, August 20 – 21, 2011 you can enjoy eleven local museums for one low price of zero. Yes, that means they are all FREE. What’s the catch? There is none, but you must print a pass. Read on to get the link to the pass.
Some highlights of free museum weekend:
- Hemingway House, regularly $12/person. Check out the pool Hemingway’s wife built.
- Art and Historical Society at Customs House. Enjoy the sculpture garden outside.
- Truman’s Little White House, normally $16/person. It was good enough for the President, it is good enough for you.
- The Studios of Key West. Sadly, their website says there are no exhibitions until September 14, so I am not sure why this would be a big draw.
- Key West Shipwreck Museum, normally $15 each. Come learn about Key West’s maritime heritage.
- … and several more.
What are you waiting for? Go to the WLRN Public Radio and Television website and print out your pass.
Follow the link, print out your pass and let me know which was you favorite free museum.